1/30/11

ALRIGHT!

Now that I'm not a big bucket of angst, I've got shit to say!

My local Blockbuster is closing down. It's a shame, I had some good memories of that place. My dad used to take me there every now and again. We would pick up movies, one for my sister, my dad and myself. Then we would hit the pizza place next door and spend the night watching movies and eating junk food. This is like when that dollar theater closed down. It was such a sad time. I loved that place.

On the bright side, I got a few movies real cheap. I got Serenity, which I just finished watching. God, I love that movie. I was so crushed when Firefly was canceled. Now that I'm older, I like it for more than just Summer Glau being oddly attractive. That was before I came out, hell I don't think I even realized I was gay back then.
 
She is rather cute isn't she, Summer? The only reason I gave The Cape a shot. I don't have celebrity crushes. The concept confuses me. Why would you like someone who's payed to play pretend? How can you trust their honesty? You live on the opposite side of the country from these people guys. No I don't think Hayley Williams is hot. Who is Hayley Williams? I know I'm a bad lesbian. Step off.

Right, well Serenity is fantastic. I also got The Orphanage, a movie that never fails to make me weep. It's by the same guy who made Pan's Labyrinth. Now that I think on it, I've never seen that movie. Anyway, The Orphanage, if you get the chance watch it. It's beautiful and the ending is the saddest fucking thing ever.

Last movie I got was this movie I had never heard of. Marebito. I'm not sure if I'll like it. It looks like some Japanese horror. I like Japanese horror, so I suppose I can't go wrong. Anyway, it was only three bucks. When I watch it I'll type up some sort of review. You know, because It could be fun.

I also dropped by my local Borders (which seems to be going under as well) and picked up A Sweet Far Thing. It's the third in the Gemma Doyle Trilogy. I read the first two books a few years back, and haven't gotten around to reading the third. Heh. Actually, it's been long enough I might want to re-read the first two before proceeding.

Anyway, this is all trivial nonsense, but isn't it trivial nonsense that keeps us all going?

Stay safe guys.

Also, another person watching me? Hello there. :)

Also also, Is there anything Jackie Chan can't do? Of course not, because  Chuck Norris^∞ * Bruce Lee + Bruce Campbell = Jackie Chan. Look it up.

 

Edit: For reference, the title is best if you read it in Taokaka's voice from Blazblue.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen that video before... And the Gemma Doyle trilogy is great. I approve of your reading choices.

    Blargh, brain is so dead today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy the first two. I'm sure the third will be good as well.

    I am somewhat obsessed with this song. It's been stuck in my head for days. Well, the English version anyway.

    ReplyDelete