2/12/11

Ah man.

I know, what with all the excitement and all my fairly mundane day isn't all that noteworthy, but I had the best and coldest day of my life!

So, my friend calls me up the other day and says, "Shit! Echo, we're down a cameraman! You took a film class, can you fill in?" so I says, "Hell yeah! When and where?" And so he gave me an address. What I didn't realize at the time was, we were not shooting inside the house. We were shooting in the woods behind the house. In the freezing cold. For eight hours. I did not dress warmly.

But, it was all good. A nice man gave me an extra shirt to wear, and his card. He says he'll pay me for lessons in Final Cut. Sigh. I don't know how much money it would take for me to willfully use that program again, but he was a nice old man and he did give me a new shirt. Seriously, he told me it's mine forever. How awesome is that? He also gave me his card, if I do well tomorrow and do a good job with the Final Cut thing I may even be able to make a steady job out of this. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Bad side is, I think I failed a spot check and got the boom in a shot. And by think, I mean know. I feel just awful about it too. The director is totally gonna be pissed tomorrow. Maybe I should call him and warn him. Might take a bit of the heat off.

Just did just that. He said he had another camera working a different angle and if worst came to worst he could just use that shot. Well, that's a load off my mind. And I remember that shot. We did it over like four times from eight different angles. If there was one shot I had to screw up on, I'm fairly glad it was that one. Also, he said he was impressed that I could remember that. How could I not, it was eating away at me.

All in all, a pretty good day. Tomorrow I'll be sure to bundle up, so I don't freeze to death out there. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment