2/24/11

Interesting

Something Stormy said has been bothering me. That thing about Norse mythology she said. So, I went to a bookstore today. My original intent was to do further research on that Kuk thing Ava mentioned. I still haven't found anything too useful, but a nice girl at the store gave me a tip about the mythology changing along with the pharos. Looks like I'll have a lot more work cut out for me on that front.

Anyway, on a whim I picked up a book about Norse mythology, and opened it to the chapter about the runes. I've always loved Norse runes. Back when I went through my wiccan phase in high school I used to use them as a divination tool. Of course, that was a few years ago, I've forgotten most of their meanings and the like. I did bring them with me, figured they could prove useful. Anyway I noticed something. The rune Gar.

It might be just me, but it looks an awful lot like the operator symbol. It could be a coincidence. Gar has a few meanings. One of them is it being one of the symbols of Odin. I wonder if there's a connection. What do you guys think?

Also, didn't see our friends today. Somehow I find this more troubling than I did when they were around.

No comments:

Post a Comment