2/2/11

Sometimes I wonder about that child...

My eight year old sister likes to draw monsters. Most of the time, they're really adorable. In that ugly cute sort of way. You know, very much like a pug.

But sometimes I think she takes after me a bit too much. Her most recent drawing is of a girl who's missing an eye. I'm very curious as to why my eight year old sister has drawn somebody who's obviously had an extremely violent past. Maybe she really likes pirates? Or maybe she's been sneaking peaks at my very-much-not-for-an-eight-year-old collection of movies and tv shows.

If she starts adding "sees me" and operator symbols to her drawings, I will be very worried. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I'm going to have to keep my eye on her.

3 comments:

  1. Erk. And she's eight? That's kinda not good

    Good luck with her, Echo ^^'

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not as unusual as you might think. Lots of children draw really fucked up shit. It's probably just a phase she's going through, but still. No reason not to be cautious.

    Thanks. With her, I'll need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drew monsters at that age...

    But be careful, of course. Paranoia can be a useful thing when you're checking to see if anyone else is getting pulled in.

    ReplyDelete